Training Record Books
For new entrant training
The MNTB Training Record Books for deck, engineering and electro-technical specialisms are available to companies and organisations that provide sponsorship for MNTB approved education and training programmes. They are also available to educational establishments, who will provide them to officer trainees and seafarers on their programmes. They cannot be purchased direct by trainees or seafarers themselves.
Companies and educational establishments who wish to place an order should sent an email purchase order, quoting requirements, invoice and delivery details to Donna Stevens. The cost per copy is £35.00 plus VAT.
For existing seafarers
Training Record Books for existing seafarers are available covering electro-technical competency requirements, tanker endorsements and certificates of proficiency and Small Vessel Engineers. They include:
- Electro-Technical Officer Competency Record (ETO CR). Copies are priced at £50.00 plus VAT for UK Chamber of Shipping members and £70.00 plus VAT for non-members, and can be ordered direct from Witherby Seamanship publications.
- Shipboard Training Record Book for Tanker Endorsements or Certificate of Proficiency, priced at £50.00 plus VAT per copy or £200.00 plus VAT for the set of five books, and can be ordered direct from Witherby Seamanship publications.
- Training Record Book – Second Engineer (less than 9000kW, less than 3000GT, priced at £30.00 plus VAT per copy, and can be ordered direct from Witherby Seamanship publications
- Chemical Tankers
- Liquefied Gas Tankers (LNG)
- Liquefied Gas Tankers (LPG)
- Oil Tankers
- Chemical (Vegetable Oil) Tankers